RECIPE OF THE MONTH: Vegetable Curry
Warm up this winter with this delicious and nourishing recipe.
Don’t skip on the good stuff. Its important to get a variety of vegetables, herbs and spices at every meal, especially in Winter when our immune system is most vulnerable. Warm, cooked and fresh food, combined with stimulating spices enhances digestion and improves the bodies ability to absorb nutrients. Make your food your medicine and protect your health this Winter.
- Pumpkin cubes 400 grams
- 1 bunch broccolini (chopped)
- Cauliflower 200 grams (chopped)
- ½ Cup Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp. ghee
- 1 pinch of Asafoetida
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1-2 tsps Turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp Crushed jaggery (or brown sugar)
- ½ tsp Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat ghee or oil in a saucepan
- Add the asafoetida, mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Once the mustard splutters, add the pumpkin cubes and toss well to coat with oil and whole spices.
- On medium flame, cook the pumpkin for 5 minutes or so, then add all remaining vegetables, 1 teaspoon of salt and powdered spices, including crushed jaggery
- Add 1/2 cup of water and ½ cup coconut milk, cover and cook on low flame.
- This will take at least 15-20 minutes to cook. Keep checking every 5 minutes, if any additional water is required, adding 1/4 cup at a time, if necessary.
- Adjust the spices to your taste such that it is a good balance of spicy, sweet and sour.
- If the pumpkin is inherently quite sweet, you don’t have to add much jaggery.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander
For more delicious recipes you can purchase our Ayurvedic Cookbook. Please contact email@example.com or Contact Us here, today for more information!