Recipe of the Month: Pumpkin Chana Dal
Our Pumpkin Chana Dal, is the perfect, easy-to-prepare meal for after a long day at work. With our Ayurvedic cookbook, you can relive the Sukhavati dining-experience from the comfort of your own home.
For the full recipe, click the link below.
Pumpkin Chana Dal
- 1/2 cup chana dal (soaked overnight)
- 500 ml of water
- 1 cup pumpkin (diced)
- 1 pcs curry leaf (chopped)
- 2 pcs tamarind pulp (soak in hot water for five minutes, discard pulp and use the water)
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 stem coriander leaf (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp madras curry powder
- Ghee, salt and pepper
- Soak chana dal overnight.
- Drain, wash and rinse the chana dal, combine with water in a saucepan. Cover, bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer until soft. Set aside.
- Heat ghee in a seperate saucepan; add mustard seeds until they start ot pop, then add urad dall and cumin seed. Cook until golden brown.
- Add the pumpkin, salt, curry leaf, turmeric, coconut, tamarind, madras curry, stirring occasionally until the pumpkin is medium cooked.
- Add the chana dal to the pumpkin mixture and simmer until soft and mized well.
- Serve the pumpkin chana dal with fresh coriander on top.
To purchase our Ayurvedic Cookbook, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org