Insomnia and Sleeping Difficulties
The importance of sleep – not just a nap, but good quality sleep – cannot be understated. The recommended minimum six hours we should enjoy each night gives our bodies a chance to repair, refresh and revitalise after a long day. Good sleep not only makes us more alert and aware, but it also improves our immunity, aids in digestion and can even help us to live longer. Sleep is as important to our health and wellness as a balanced, nutritious diet – yet very few of us are getting enough of it. Sukhavati uses Ayurvedic treatments to help you improve your sleeping practices so you can reap the benefits.
Causes of Poor Sleep
It’s important to remember that insomnia is usually a symptom of an underlying or pre-existing condition; not the condition itself. The condition could be related to stress, poor eating habits, depression or anxiety, weight problems or any number of illnesses. Those who practise Ayurvedic medicine believe that the major factor that determines the likelihood for insomnia or other sleep disorders is the imbalance in the Doshas – mainly Vata (air/ether) dosha and/or Pitta (fire/water) dosha.
The light and mobile qualities of Vata make it difficult for some people to enjoy meaningful rest. They will typically replay thoughts in their mind over and over, preventing them from reaching the deep sleep they desperately require and often only reaching a light, restless sleep at best.
How We Treat Insomnia and Promote Sound Sleep at Sukhavati
As with any successful Ayurvedic treatment, we always begin by addressing and removing the cause of the sleep disorder. In cases of insomnia, most causes are psychological in nature, though in some situations the causes can be physiological or influenced by external factors. It is also worth noting that insomnia can be a symptom of more severe disorders such as depression, acid reflux or sleep apnoea.
Step one is to eliminate any stressors and apparent causes of insomnia or any other sleep disorder. In these cases, the primary condition or imbalance must be dealt with effectively. Panchakarma can help address all root causes of Insomnia.
The next step is to implement simple, effective measures to pacify Vata and calm any over-activity in the mind and nervous system. This can be achieved through:
- Slowing down and have a regular routine.
- Regular meditation.
- Daily yoga to cultivate mind body connection.
- Consuming nourishing, warming and wholesome foods, and avoiding raw foods and ice cold drinks that aggravate Vata.
- Ayurvedic Treatments: Abhyanga, Shirodhara, Takradhara, Pizzichil and cleansing practices are potent remedies for addressing the cause and promoting deep sleep.
- Herbal Medicine to calm the mind, soothe nerves and support sound, restful sleep.
All these elements will be combined into one comprehensive program during your stay, tailored to your individual needs after an in-depth consultation with our in-resident Ayurvedic Doctor.
- 1 Night Private Villa Accommodation
- Ayurvedic consultation with our resident Ayurvedic Doctor
- 90 minutes of comprehensive daily prescribed Ayurvedic treatments tailored by our Ayurvedic Doctor
- Twice daily yoga sessions
- Freshly prepared Ayurvedic dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Fresh Juices and Herbal Teas
- Fruit basket upon arrival
- Return airport or hotel transfers
- Complimentary bike hire
- Complimentary Wi-Fi internet connection
We have two types of villa choices available in this package (luxury and private pool).
2 Day Rejuvenation Program with One Bedroom Luxury Villa Accommodation
Single Occupancy: USD 830 ++ 15% Government Taxes & Service Surcharge
Couple Occupancy: USD 710 PER PERSON, ++ 15% Government Taxes & Service Surcharge
2 Day Rejuvenation Program with One Bedroom Private Pool Villa Accommodation
Single Occupancy: USD 930 ++ 15% Government Taxes & Service Surcharge
Couple Occupancy: USD 760 PER PERSON, ++ 15% Government Taxes & Service Surcharge
2 Day Rejuvenation Program with Two Bedroom Private Pool Villa Accommodation
Couple Occupancy: USD 790 PER PERSON, ++ 15% Government Taxes & Service Surcharge