RECIPE OF THE MONTH: Tofu with Almond sauce
With the warmer weather starting, enjoy this quick, easy and deliciously healthy meal for dinner.
- 250 grams tofu (cubed)
- 1 leek (sliced)
- 1/4 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 curry leaf (chopped)
- 10 almonds (blended to a course meal)
- 1/2 cup of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat ghee until it is hot, but not smoky, in a frying pan.
- Shallow fry the tofu, turning to cook evenly until golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat more ghee in a seperate pan, add the leek, ginger, crushed almonds and saute until golden brown – add 1/2 cup water, stirring until a thick paste consistency; then add the curry leaf, add salt and pepper.
- Mix this sauce with the tofu and coat well.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley on top.
For more delicious recipes you can purchase our Ayurvedic Cookbook. Please contact email@example.com or contact us here, today for more information!