RECIPE OF THE MONTH: Sambar
Take a bit of Sukhavati home with you by incorporating some of our Ayurvedic recipes into your daily life.
Read our full recipe to recreate our delicious Sambar!
- 10 green beans (diced)
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 1 tomato (diced, skin & seeds removed)
- 1 cup toor dal (yellow split pea) – soaked overnight
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp sambar powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 pcs curry leaf
- 1tsp tamarind (soaked in hot water for 5-10 minutes – discard pulp and use water)
- 1 stem corriander leaf (chopped)
- Rinse toor dal, add to water and bring to the boil; add the turmeric and let simmer until soft.
- Add carrot and simmer until medium soft then ad the beans.
- Add a splash more of hot water and then tomato, sambar powder, and tamarind water and continue to simmer.
- Heat ghee in another saucepan and add mustard seeds, stirring until they begin to pop then add the curry leaf and satue for a few minutes more.
- Add this spice mix to the toor dal, stir thoroughly, continue to cook over low heat.
- Dal is cooked once toor is soft.
- Add fresh coriancer on top before serving.
For more delicious recipes you can purchase our Ayurvedic Cookbook. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact Us here, today for more information!