RECIPE OF THE MONTH: Red Bean Salad
With the warmer weather and the holiday season upon us, our Red Bean Salad is the perfect, quick and easy meal for you! Serve it as a side with your BBQ or simply by itself – delicious!
- 100 grams red beans (aduki beans)
- 50 gr coconut (grated) or 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tomato (skinned, seeds removed and diced)
- 1/2 cup of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the red beans until soft. Set aside.
- Heat ghee in a saucepan; add mustard seed and saute until they begin to pop.
- Add the turmeric, red beans, tomato and water and simmer until tomato is soft.
- Add the coconut, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Serve with fresh coriander on top.
For more delicious recipes you can purchase our Ayurvedic Cookbook. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us here, today for more information!