RECIPE OF THE MONTH: Red Bean Salad
With the warmer weather and the dreaded ‘return to work’ upon us, our Red Bean Salad is the perfect, quick and easy meal for you! Serve it as a side with your BBQ or simply by itself – delicious!
- 100 grams red beans (aduki beans)
- 50 gr coconut (grated) or 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tomato (skinned, seeds removed and diced)
- 1/2 cup of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the red beans until soft. Set aside.
- Heat ghee in a saucepan; add mustard seed and saute until they begin to pop.
- Add the turmeric, red beans, tomato and water and simmer until tomato is soft.
- Add the coconut, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Serve with fresh coriander on top.
For more delicious recipes you can purchase our Ayurvedic Cookbook. Please contact email@example.com or contact us here, today for more information!