RECIPE OF THE MONTH: Mixed Vegetable Curry
As the cold winter months are coming to an end, enjoy our mixed vegetable curry to warm your nights.
- 1 carrot (divide into six and cut lengthwise)
- 1 zucchini (divide into four and cut lengthwise)
- 10 green beans
- 1/4 cup mung dal (boiled until soft in 1 cup of water)
- 1 curry leaf (sliced)
- 2 leek (sliced)
- 1 tsp ginger (finely diced)
- 2 tomatoes (skin and seeds removed and diced)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp madras curry powder
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add leek and ginger and saute until they begin to smell fragrant.
- Add the curry leaf, madras curry powder and turmeric and saute for a minute further.
- Add carrot, beans and water, cover and simmer until the carrot and beans are medium soft.
- Then add the zucchini, tomato, dal, salt and pepper. Cover it again and simmer until vegetables are well done.
- Serve with fresh coriander.
For more delicious recipes you can purchase our Ayurvedic Cookbook. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact Us here, today for more information!