Recipe of the Month: Gingerbread Biscuits
Now you can enjoy your favourite Christmas treats, without feeling guilty.
Whilst trying to lead a balanced and healthy life it can be hard to avoid all of your favourite snacks, especially around the holidays. Luckily we have our ‘healthy gingerbread’ recipe for you.
Recipe adapted from Teresa Cutter – Healthy Chef
(Makes 10 X Gingerbread Biscuits)
- 280 g (2 ¾ cups) almond meal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 4 (60 g) fresh soft pitted dates (Medjool)
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 40 g raw honey, maple syrup, molasses or brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- 1 egg white
- Combine almond meal, baking powder, dates and spices in a food processor.
- Process until combined and mix is crumbly.
- Add olive oil, honey (+molasses if using), vanilla + egg white.
- Process again until a soft dough forms.
- Remove the dough and flatten down slightly between 2 pieces of grease-proof paper (baking paper) – about 3 mm thick.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the dough to firm up. If in a hurry, place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Cut out into shapes with a gingerbread cutter and place cookies onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 150 C for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Decorate as you like…
For any questions or more information, please contact email@example.com
They go perfectly with a spicy masala chai! Enjoy your baking this holiday season