RECIPE OF THE MONTH: Coconut Rice
With the warmer weather approaching, it’s a great time for entertaining. Our coconut rice is a delicious side dish for any meal and a crowd favourite! Read the recipe below, for our quick and easy recipe.
- 2 cups basmati rice (cooked)
- 1/4 cup of silvered almonds
- 1 tbsp urad dal
- 2 pcs lemongrass (crushed)
- 1/4 fresh coconut (grated) or use dried shredded coconut
- 1 stalk coriander leaf (chopped)
- 1 curry leaf (sliced)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Salt & pepper
- Heat ghee in a pan, add mustard seeds and stir until they begin to pop.
- Then add the urad dal, curry leaf, and almonds, stirring constantly until almonds begin to turn golden brown.
- Add the lemongrass, coconut, salt and pepper and stir until mixed evenly.
- Add the cooked rice and chopped coriander and mix thoroughly, cooking until it begins to smell fragrant.
- Ready to serve.
Serves 4 people.
For more delicious recipes you can purchase our Ayurvedic Cookbook. Please contact email@example.com or contact us here, today for more information!