RECIPE OF THE MONTH: Cauliflower Curry
A lovely hearty dish that’s great for winter. Have it with rice or it makes a nice side dish.
Cauliflower contains wonderful medicinal properties. It supports liver detoxification, is an anti-oxidant so fights cancer, has anti-inflammatory properties and is high in Vitamin K and other minerals.
The blend of spices makes this curry easy to digest to provide full nourishment the body.
- 2 heads of cauliflower (divide into small pieces and soak in salt water, discard water before cooking)
- 1 tomato (skin and seeds removed, diced)
- 1 leek (sliced)
- 1 knob ginger (diced)
- 1/2 star anise
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 cardamom pods remove outer and use inner seeds
- 2 cloves
- 2 curry leaves (sliced)
- 10 almonds (silvered)
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp chili powder (optional)
- Heat ghee in a pan and add coriander, cardamom, clove, star anise and fennel and saute till they begin to smell fragrant.
- Add tomato, ginger, leek and almonds to the pan and cook until soft.
- Add this spice mix to a blender and blend into a smooth paste, set aside.
- In a seperate saucepan, heat ghee then add mustard seeds and stir constantly until they begin to pop. Then add curry leaf, cauliflower, salt and 1/4 cup water. Stir and cover it to allow to gently simmer.
- When cauliflower is partly cooked, add the blended spice paste, turmeric and chili powder and mix thoroughly.
- Cook for a few minutes until cauliflower is soft and serve it with fresh coriander leaf on top.
For more delicious recipes you can purchase our Ayurvedic Cookbook. Please contact email@example.com or Contact Us here, today for more information!