RECIPE OF THE MONTH: Carrot Curry
With the colder weather approaching, it is important to eat warm, cooked and fresh food, combined with stimulating spices. This enhances digestion and improves the bodies ability to absorb nutrients. Make your food your medicine and protect your health with this delicious carrot curry.
- 1 large carrot (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 tomato (skinned, seeds removed and diced)
- 1/4 cup mung dal (boil until soft in 1 cup of water)
- 1cm ginger (finely diced)
- 1 leek (sliced)
- 1 curry leaf (sliced)
- 1 tbsp madras curry powder
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt & pepper
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the leek & ginger and saute until golden brown.
- Add the carrot, tomato, water, curry leaf & madras curry. Stirring constantly for a few minutes, then cover and simmer until carrots are partially cooked.
- Add dal, salt and pepper stirring constantly, cover and simmer until the carrots are soft. Check water level, if it’s looking too dry then you can add more water.
- Serve with fresh coriander.
For more delicious recipes you can purchase our Ayurvedic Cookbook. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact Us here, today for more information!