Recipe of the Month: Bitter Gourd
Bitter foods are a great way to stimulate digestion, and also help to combat blood sugar issues. This is a fantastic recipe taken straight out of the Sukhavati cookbook.
- 1 Carella (bitter gourd) sliced and seeds removed
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 pinch of coriander powder
- Sunflower oil or ghee
- Sprinkle the sliced Carella with salt and let sit for 30 minutes. This is to decrease the bitterness of the vegetable.
- Wash the Carella and squeeze until dry.
- Heat ghee/ oil in a pan and add the Carella.
- Fry until golden brown and crispy. Set aside.
- Sprinkle with coriander powder and salt