Overcome stress and anxiety at Sukhavati, Bali
Stress is a universal element of the modern human experience. While stress inherently isn’t bad, even appropriate and productive in certain situations, we know that too much stress can be quite harmful. It compromises our health physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
Here at Sukhavati we have a holistic understanding of the nature of stress and combat it from all angles, so you can leave here not only feel at peace and relaxed, but resilient.
HOW DO WE ALLEVIATE AND BUILD RESILIENCE TO STRESS AT SUKHAVATI?
Panchakarma is an incredibly powerful tool to alleviate all causes and symptoms of stress as it addresses’ the mind, body and spirit equally.
Here are some key elements in our Stress relieving program:
1. Purification to support the clearance of stress homeostasis to restore the body to homeostasis (balance)
Our integrated program rejuvenates the mind and body by not only clearing harmful toxins, but it restores the function of the 5 sensory organs and nourishing the mind.
The treatment aims at identifying the root causes of stress, anxiety, depression and other mental problems, and correcting the essential balance of mind, body and emotions. It helps attain a stable, rejuvenated and healthy mind and body naturally without any side effects.
2. Enjoy simple, effective measures to pacify Vata and calm any over-activity in the mind and nervous system. This is through:
– Slowing down and have a regular routine.
– Nourishing warming foods and wholesome foods.
– Ayurvedic Treatments: Abhyanga, Shirodhara, Takradhara, Pizzichil and cleansing practices are potent remedies for addressing the cause and promoting deep relaxation in the nervous system and mind.
– Supportive Herbal Medicine: Science and tradition show herbs have a beneficial impact in not only alleviating stress, anxiety, depression and worry, but build resilience to it.
3. Meditation, Yoga and Pranayama
Here we integrate the ancient science of yoga, meditation and Pranayama (Yogic breathing exercises) with Ayurveda to manage and alleviate stress and other mental disorders.
Through the twice daily Yoga classes, you’ll experience asanas (postures, movement), Pranayama (yogic breathing exercises) and Meditation. These have been shown to increase serotonin and endorphins, neurotransmitters that are beneficial to mental health, as well eliminate the stress hormone cortisol.
Practising yoga and Pranayama on a regular basis also acts as a preparation for a deeper experience during meditation, helping you attain a stress-free mind, promoting balance in mental and emotional functioning and encouraging positive thinking.
All these elements will be combined into one comprehensive program during your stay, tailored to your individual needs after an in-depth consultation with our in-resident Ayurvedic Doctor.
For more information or to book an health consultation or private yoga class, please contact our sister company based in Melbourne, Australia – Veda Wellness.
Author: Tegan Wallis
Holistic Health Practitioner at Veda Wellness.