One of the most common forms of arthritis among men and women, and also one of the leading causes of disability, is Osteoarthritis (or OA). It is a degenerative condition that impacts the entire joint including the bone, cartilage, ligaments and muscles.
Osteoarthritis can involve:
- The tissue around the joint becoming inflamed
- The joint cartilage becoming damaged
- The growth of bony spurs around the joint edge
- Tendons and ligaments beginning to deteriorate
In the past, OA was dismissed as simple ‘wear and tear’ of the body, but it is now believed to be the body’s joints working overtime to repair itself. One way to experience relief from the symptoms of Osteoarthritis is with Ayurvedic treatment.
Ayurvedic Treatment for OA at Sukhavati
At Sukhavati, you can look forward to pain relief that is natural and safe, as well as treatment that aids in the repair of damaged cartilage and overall improvement of joint function.
Ayurveda practitioners believe that arthritis is characterised by three factors:
- An imbalance in the Dosha, Vata
- The accumulation of toxins and Ama
- Poor digestive function
The ideal Ayurvedic treatment for OA would therefore address all three concerns in order to be optimally effective.
By participating in the full Panchakarma program at Sukhavati, you are afforded the best opportunities to combat the root cause and symptoms of your Osteoarthritis. The treatment program incorporates all the key components of Panchakarma, including:
- Oil massage
- Vata Pacifying Herbs
The main aim of undergoing Panchakarma treatment is to clean away any ama from the joint, directing it to the colon to be expelled with the help of herbs, remedies and cleansing treatments.
Let’s further inspect the three crucial elements vital for the effective treatment of osteoarthritis.
- 1 Nights Private Villa Accommodation
- Ayurvedic consultation and outline of your personal rejuvenation program along with a follow up consultation and seminar
- 90 minutes of comprehensive daily prescribed Ayurvedic treatments tailored by our Ayurvedic Doctor
- Twice daily yoga sessions
- 1 Ayurvedic Facial & Foot Massage
- Freshly prepared Ayurvedic dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Fresh Juices and Herbal Teas
- Fruit basket upon arrival
- Return airport or hotel transfers
- Complimentary bike hire
- Complimentary Wi-Fi internet connection
We have two types of villa choices available in this package (luxury and private pool).
2 Day Rejuvenation Program with One Bedroom Luxury Villa Accommodation
Single Occupancy: USD 830 + 15% Government Taxes & Service Surcharge
Couple Occupancy: USD 710 per person, + 15% Government Taxes & Service Surcharge
2 Day Rejuvenation Program with One Bedroom Private Pool Villa Accommodation
Single Occupancy: USD 930 + 15% Government Taxes & Service Surcharge
Couple Occupancy: USD 760 per person, + 15% Government Taxes & Service Surcharge
2 Day Rejuvenation Program with Two Bedroom Private Pool Villa Accommodation
Couple Occupancy: USD 790 per person, + 15% Government Taxes & Service Surcharge